So we've officially made the decision to adopt 2 children instead of 1!

I know, I know. We don't know what we're getting ourselves into.

If we adopted again separate from our current adoption, it would cost at least another $25,000. And we do want to adopt again. Adding a second child to our current adoption process will only cost another $4,700, at the most.

Not a bad deal.
These children desperately need someone to help them.
We can't ignore that.

Financially, we were already asking God for a miracle anyway. We have no doubt that He's able to handle another $4,700. There's a difference between faith and stupidity, and we've been weighed that thought carefully. We've thought through this thoroughly, bathed it in prayer, made the ol' pro's/con's list, and sought wisdom from people. We can think of a million reasons that people may argue that we're doing the wrong thing. But we can't think of one reason that God would not be honored by this decision.

Of course, the Rwandan government may tell us "no." They may not let us adopt two children. They may not even let us adopt one! But, in the wisdom of my father, we've come to realize that their decision can in and of itself be God's final answer. If He wants us to have two children, we believe that He'll allow that to happen. If we're wrong, He can easily take care of that too.

Again, our desire in all of this is not just to have a children. We're excited about it, of course! But our main motivation has always been out of a conviction to help children in need. It's what the Bible calls us to do. This isn't about us.

We're not naive. We know full well that having two children is dramatically different than having one and that we can't possibly understand what it's like until we have them here. And we know people may think we're crazy adding that much more to our already overwhelming adoption costs. But we would not have peace about this otherwise. This is what we must do.

We're trusting God to provide and to guide. He knows what He's doing! And we're just excited to be a part of His plan. We want desperately to be used by Him, no matter the "cost."

In the meantime, we're we would covet your prayers as we are needing another $2,800 by the beginning of November. We're waiting to hear about the two grants we've applied for, but we won't have heard anything in time for this chunk of money. Once we get that money, finish our paperwork, and get one last form from our government, we will officially be sending our completed dossier paperwork to America World (our adoption agency) to be compiled and then sent to Rwanda!

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati