I (Erin) am not really sure why anybody would ever say "playing the waiting game." The term "game" usually implies something fun that you enjoy doing. Well, I've gotta say I've used that phrase before but now that we are in the waiting stages of this adoption I have to say there is nothing fun about it. We are making the best of it, knowing that there are many other couples that have to wait much longer than us. But there is not a moment in any day that goes by where I don't long whole-heartedly for our children to be home with us. What a great day that will be when it comes!

We are continuing to use this time to read books, spend quality time together, fund raise and organize our home. I was thankful to have my mom here over the past few weeks, she gave me some much needed help with sorting and organizing our house. I'm a pretty organized person but I am in full blown nesting mode, really wanting to sort and organize as much as possible while we wait. I know, all of you that know me well can't even imagine me being in full organizational mode (note my sarcasm). It has been just the two of us in our three bedroom house for five years now and you tend to grow into the space that you have. I am trying to purge and sort and make room for our two new little ones!

Things financially are going pretty well. We should hear about a matching grant sometime in the next week or so, then we will be able to give a better update after we hear from them. God continues to provide as only He can, we are constantly amazed!

We can't tell you all enough how much we appreciate all of your prayers. There have been some changes within the Ministry in Rwanda that we ask you to keep in your prayers. We are unsure at this time whether or not this will affect our time frame for the adoption. As far as we know we are still looking at another 1-4 months before we receive our approval letter...knowing that we will be much closer to the 4 month mark. Every day we can see how God has everything under control and we learn more and more to trust in Him and His timing. We are being stretched and prepared for what lies ahead, knowing that we need to trust God no matter what. We love you all and realize more and more how blessed we are to have you all in our lives.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati