Well, it appears we have longer to wait for our kids than we thought.

Due to the number of people that are starting to adopt from Rwanda and the changes in personnel and how the process works, our wait for an approval from the Rwandan government has changed from a 3-6 month wait to a 7-9 month wait. Our dossier got to Rwanda just before January, so we won't be hearing about approval from their government now until sometime between August and October. That puts our travel to Rwanda to get our kids sometime between November and January 2011 instead of late summer like we were thinking.

To be honest, we're pretty bummed. We are about 2 weeks out from what was originally the earliest possible approval time...which we already knew probably wouldn't happen. But now our earliest possible date is a month later than our original latest possible date. Whew. Did I say that right? Confusing, I know! Ha!

The hardest thing in all of this is feeling like we can't be 100% excited about being parents until we receive the approval from Rwanda. We know that God has led us down this path and we are trusting Him with all of the details, even if we don't really like the timing. And we absolutely know that everything is in God's timing. That He knows best and it will be here before we know it. We know that everything will be just fine!

But it still stinks. We're still bummed. Things were moving along quite well and we had it all planned out (loosely), and now everything's changed. BUT, there's no point in sitting around wishing things were different. It is what it is and wishing for it to be otherwise doesn't help! We will press on and we will grow in our waiting.

Thank you so much for walking with us through this journey! We love you all!

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati